Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It Has Happened!!!

Well the day has come for our "Tiny" to become a mother.That's right folks she had puppies yesterday. We have been keeping her in the basement because we knew that the day was coming and didn't want the little things to freeze to death. So, last night we got home and I told Melanie to go let Tiny out so that she could go outside and do her thing. Well, she comes running upstairs " I think Tiny had her puppies!" I told her that it was just kids outside making noise but she insisted that I come downstairs and hear the noise. So, I go downstairs and to my surprise there are 4 tiny little puppies making all sorts of noise. Well Bart kept on checking on Tiny as the night went on and well the puppies just kept on coming. So, this morning when we woke to our surprise we now had 10 puppies. Yes, 10 puppies. As you can imagine Tiny is exhausted and doesn't know what to think about the whole thing. The kids and Bart are very excited about the puppies (I may not be quite as excited as them) and the kids think that there is a need for us to keep some but mom on the other hand disagrees. Hopefully when the time comes that they can leave their mother we will have no problem finding them homes. So, if you know of anyone that would like a puppy they are in luck. There are 6 black and 4 golden.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm not sure that I knew that you had a dog! How fun for your kids. Sorry, we don't want a dog. I think you should just keep all 10. Can't you imagine the fun!

Bart and Jen said...

The kids would love if we kept all 10 and that is the problem. NO WAY are we keeping them. I can imagine the happiness at our house if that happened.

Karen said...

Oh, and give that poor Mama a blanket! She is nursing 10 puppies! She's probably super thirsty too...that's what happens to me. Oh, and I never allow pictures while I've got the kids latched on...